Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I've been published!!!

I couldn't wait to share this bit s0 back to back days with posts. OK, it's not my first piece published but it is the first piece I have had in a book. Finalists in Bead Dreams 2006 were invited to send their piece to Japan for a series of 3 shows. They paid for shipping coming and going and each of us was to get a copy of the show book that was being published for one of the shows. My piece has been home for a while but yesterdays mail brought a global express package from Japan so I knew what it was right away. Not surprisingly they did a beautiful job on the book and there is so much incredible eye candy that it will take me a while to go through the whole thing. Called "Graphic Crafts Artist" it includes more than bead work although the bead work section is the largest. It also has quilting, pressed flower art, preserved flower sculpture and gift wrap. Besides the bead work the most impressive was the pressed flower, Some of the pieces you would never have guessed where made from pressed natural materials. Below is a picture of my page (so cool I get my own page). For those who wish to see more photos of the piece including some of the details visit my Artistic Kreations and Passions website.

11 comments:

KV said...

Awesome, Angela!

Congratulations on being pubbed and that necklace is gorgeous!


Kathy V in NM

Brenda said...

Congratulations again!
Your piece is fabulous.
So exciting!

Quilt Architect said...

Congratulations on being published. Could you tell us more about your piece. It is hard to see the fine detail from the picture. What were the materials you used? What was your inspirations?

abeadlady said...

Way to go Angela. What a compliment to all the work you put into your project. Congratulations.
Arline

Robin said...

Such fun to have your very own page!!! That's just great, and well-deserved! Bravo!

Timaree said...

Congratulations again. Keep up the good work!

Angela said...

You can see more photos of the piece on my website either use the link on my blog page or go to ( http://web.mac.com/wayneplager/Site/Elaborate_Necklaces_and_Collars.html#5 ) I will add a link in the post.

I made the piece to wear when I got into the 2005 Swarovski Design contest and had an awards ceremony to go to. I got 3rd place in the ameteur division so it must have been my lucky charm, it has also been in Bead Dreams 2006 as a finalist, travelled to Japan and is one of the pieces that I entered into Bead International.

I made the flowers using crystal rivolis or cabochons for the centers. The lattice is made with a chevron stitch and seed beads. The edging of the lattice and the straps for the shoulders are a Flat double spiral with seed beads and 3 mm crystals parts of it are embellished with flowers and leaves.

As usual my favorite source of inspiration is nature. I learned to bezel around cabochons and rivolis from Laura McCabe and have altered her technique a little to come up with my own way and after I did my first rivoli I thought it looked like a cool center for a flower thus a piece full of flowers trying a variety of techniques to create petals.

Hope that answered your questions, Angie

Mary Timme said...

Oh, very nice. Isn't it fun to be published?! Congrats to you!

M.J. Mullins said...

I'm wiping the drool off my chin - can't wait to get a copy of the book! I'm a major eye-candy addict!

Many congrats!!

Rosanne said...

Congratulations! Thatis a beautiful piece of artwork. I love crystals.

Rosanne

Nancy K. said...

Congratulations. The piece is lovely, great use of the rivolis.