Thursday, February 7, 2008

Life is a Layer Cake

Here is a hint of what I have been doing creatively lately. It is funny, as far as I feel behind in everything else I have kept up on my BJP pages and have February well in hand. Now, if I could just catch up on the rest of life.

I spent time taking photos of my November - January pages and got them organized on the computer. I updated my "Artistic Kreations and Passions" website, updated the photo albums in the Bead Journal Project section of my website and updated the my Web Gallery that you can access through my website (It has most of the photos I have taken of my BJP pages and is a cool way to look at them.)

I need to take the time to update my BJP blog and will try to start getting the last few months written up in the next few days but we will see.

Wayne has managed to get the Flu and is home today. He is all feverish and feeling pretty bad so we are both hoping I will manage not to catch it. Usually if he catches something I will since his immune system is stronger than mine.

I am slowly trying to figure out a routine that works for me. With Wayne home it changes things up. So far I have managed to get back into walking, the route I take is just over 5 miles and takes around 1 1/2 hours to do. The plan is 4-5 times a week. Since I started working on getting healthier in August (6 months ago) I have lost 15 lbs. I can't say I can really tell the difference and I still don't think exercise makes me feel any more energetic but I am sure it is making me healthier.

With Wayne home we are starting to talk about what is next for us. He officially retires from the Navy on 01 January, 2009. Terminal leave etc, should take us into October so hopefully next fall will see us starting our post-military life. We have spent time taking about what some our options are and trying to figure out some of our priorities. We really don't have a place we definitely want to end up. I am sure it will be a lot of figuring things out and researching to be able to compare different options based on taxes, recreational opportunities, and long term cost of living etc, etc, etc..

I still have plenty of catching up to do but part of that is house work and organizing so it will happen when I get to it, other things are slowly getting marked off on my to-do list.

No comments: